- ½ cup mix of brown and yellow whole mustard seeds
- ⅓ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon honey or maple syrup (optional)
1. Place mustard seeds in a jar or bowl and cover with water 3 inches higher than seeds. Cover jar and let sit at room temperature for 12 hours—longer and the seeds will begin to sprout.
2. Drain water from seeds and add all remaining ingredients. Blend with an immersion blender or standing blender until the mustard is at preferred consistency. The spiciness of prepared mustard will mellow over time. Store in fridge for 6–12 months.