- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 small shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 5 ounces sliced shiitake mushrooms (about 1½ cups)
- 1½ cups thin asparagus spears, cut into thirds
- ½ cup vegetable broth, plus more as needed
- 1 cup halved snow peas
- 1 cup shelled English peas, fresh or frozen and thawed
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives, plus extra for garnish
- Heat the olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the shallots and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, until clear and soft. Add the garlic and mushrooms, and a pinch of salt to the pan and cook the mushrooms until they're soft and have rendered all of their liquid, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add the asparagus and vegetable broth and cook until the asparagus is just bright green, about 2 minutes. Add the snow peas and shelled peas, and cook until bright green and crisp-tender. Stir in the lemon zest, lemon juice and thyme. Season to taste with salt and pepper and stir in the chives. 3.
- Divide the filling among the crêpes and serve, garnished with remaining chives.
Related Stories & Recipes
As kids, my older brother and I were active in 4-H. We both raised livestock, but around the age of 12, my sibling suddenly became obsessed with making crepes. I thought this was due to his growing ad...