- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) beer, room temperature (try Aspen Brewing Company’s Brown Bear Ale or This Season’s Blonde)
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, melted
Makes one 9x5x3 loaf.
1. Preheat oven to 375°. In a mixing bowl, combine all the dry ingredients. Add the beer all at once, mixing as little as possible; the batter should be lumpy.
2. Pour the batter into a 9-x-5-x-3-inch loaf pan and brush with the melted butter. Bake in the oven for 35 to 40 minutes, or until an inserted skewer comes out clean. Turn out onto a rack to cool.
Recipe adapted from New Tastes from Texas by Stephan Pyles, (Clarkson Potter)